Pourover coffee brewing is one of the favorite coffeemaking methods, A Gooseneck kettle with thermometer is a piece of coffee equipment that makes brewing pourover coffee more precise and consistent. The odd spout shape of gooseneck kettles may look hard to use, but the opposite is true. The spout is carefully designed to give you complete control over the speed and strength of your pour.
The steady flow rate enables you to pour relatively small amounts of water onto a bed of coffee grounds which is important for brew methods such as a Chemex or various other pourovers. Furthermore, Gooseneck kettles are a great choice for tea drinkers.
If you want to drink high quality specialty coffee and extract the best coffee possible, you need a pore over kettle. You can use a thermometer to control the optimum water temperature (195-205 ° F) to get the most out of your coffee.
• Stove top simple, stove driven, budget friendly
• A comfortable electric type powered by a socket, which is a bit expensive
• Variable temperature power, maintains a defined temperature and is the most expensive
What to look for in a gooseneck kettles?
• Materials and Design: The enemies here are rust, so avoid options made of inferior metal. Those cheap kettles of unknown brands that you may see on Amazon at very low prices often suffer from rapid wear. avoid.
• Flow: Some gooseneck kettles pour more slowly than other kettles, while others respond to subtle changes. A relatively fast pourer may need some practice to get used to, but if you can’t pour evenly, the purpose is useless. Of course, you need a gooseneck kettle that doesn’t pour too fast, but speed is less of a problem than consistency.
• Capacity: It is always advisable to consider
• Comfort. Yes, it’s convenient. Keep in mind that you may hold this kettle over the brewery for a few minutes.
In summary, a gooseneck kettle with a thermometer is a very important part of a coffee machine and is specially designed for preparing poured coffee.